Beldon Okeyo, Peter Opinya – SeedPower Kenya
SPECIAL GIVING OPPORTUNITY –
SeedPower Foundation is a non-profit community based organization registered under the Ministry of East African Community, Labour and Social Protection with the registration number SRD/KK/121731/2019. SeedPower was established in September 2018 and registered in January 2019. It was registered with the mandate of community empowerment to empower children, the youth and women in the community.
Under the leadership of Beldon Okeyo and Peter Opinya, SeedPower Foundation’s vision is to educate, equip, empower and advocate for children with special needs, those that are at risk and their families to maximize their potential as we serve and glorify God in our community and beyond. We empower children, the youth and the women in the community through different programs in this ministry.
This is the 3rd year of our operation and we have successfully reached out to our community in the following ways:
- SeedPower Education Center serves 168 pupils with special needs in theOyugis Campus and 50 in the Nyakach (Grinnell Family) campus.
- SeedPower community and school water project in Oyugis, Kenya serves 168 pupils and over 350 community members.
- Doing eye tests with students and other community members and providing them with eye glasses for reading. 100 people were impacted by this initiative.
- Relief food program to the disadvantaged families in Oyugis and Nyakach reaching out to 1,800 families.
- In partnership with Little Light House, we held an international conference in Kenya training 233 teachers selected across the 47 counties of Kenya.
- Held a Teacher Professional Development Training in Kigali-Rwanda and Lira-Uganda on working with children with special needs, 142 teachers reached.
- Reached out to 1,200 teenage girls with sanitary and hygiene supplies both in schools and the community.
- Community outreach, campaigning and advocating for the rights of children with special needs.
- In partnership with Little Light House, we held the second International conference on the 6th and 7th, January, 2022 in Kisumu, Kenya which was attended by 305 Special needs and ECDE Teachers across the 47 counties in Kenya, Social workers, Parents of Special Need children, Community Leaders and Community Based Organizations in Kisumu and Homabay Counties.
- SeedPower Community and School Water project in Nyakach, Kenya serves 50 pupils and 290 families in the community.
- Successfully hosted individuals and a family group of 20 who helped in school construction work, music, art activities, sport activities with students and also helped in community outreach programs.
- Seminar on Church leadership with the community church leaders and Pastors. 59 people were trained in July 2022.
- Provision of lunch and snacks to 168 students.
We have been able to achieve all this through your generous support and prayers. Thank you!!
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me’” (Matthew 25:40, 45, NIV).
- Monthly support of $4,900 for Eleven (11) Teachers’ Salaries at $3,300 and Eight (8) Teacher Assistants at $1,600.
- Monthly support for Operational costs (Utilities, Educational Supplies, Administration): $2,500
- Water Bottling Project: $66,205
- One-time cost – Transportation for Children: $54,200
- One-time cost – Floors for Classrooms: $4,350
- One-time cost – A 4-door bathroom with flush toilets for Nyakach: $3,676.
- Sponsor a child @ $25 a month.
To accomplish all this, we welcome friends, donors, partners and sponsors to join our team. We seek and will appreciate your support in any form. Every beneficiary in our program will be better equipped, educated and empowered to begin the journey of economically and socially improving their lives and their communities. Making this a reality will be our humble contribution in making this world a better place.
At Seedpower, we undertake to uphold the highest levels of accountability. For this reason, we have partnered with Bridge the Gap International, Inc., missions service organization founded in 1993 that will be handling all US funds given to support SeedPower Education Center. We thank you in advance for your generous support of this ministry.
Please partner with us financially and in prayer. We appreciate your generous support!
WHO IS BRIDGE THE GAP INTERNATIONAL? Beldon Okeyo and Peter Opinya’s SeedPower project is part of our Bridge the Gap International, Inc. family of ministries. Bridge the Gap International is a missions service organization that has been operating since 1993. You may visit our website at gobgi.org to learn more.
MAKING A DONATION: When you click on DONATE NOW below, you will be taken to a donation page for this ministry. A pop-up will appear offering you several options: 1) Create a new account, 2) Log in using an existing id and password, or 3) Log in using your Facebook or Twitter account. This will direct you to a more generic donation page that will let you set up one-time or recurring donations from your credit card or bank account. (Disregard the “You do not have an active membership” comment that may appear at the top of the page.) Once you make your contribution, you will receive an emailed receipt that will acknowledge your gift.
WHY DO I NEED TO LOG IN OR HAVE A USER ID? By logging in, you help us minimize the number of duplicate accounts we have in the system. If you did not log in, each time you would donate to this ministry, a new account would be created in your name. And, logging in saves you time by automatically filling in your name and address information when you give. When logged in you can view your giving history and update your address information.
ON YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK STATEMENT. “Bridge the Gap International, Inc.” will be the name that appears for this transaction.
If you do have questions, please contact us at (918) 477-7007 or email@example.com. Thank you so much for taking time to invest in this work!
Dr. Randy Loescher
President, BGI, Inc.