Beldon Okeyo – SeedPower Kenya
SeedPower Foundation is a non-profit community based organization registered under the Ministry of East African Community, Labour and Social Protection with the registration number SRD/KK/121731/2019. SeedPower was established in September 2018 and registered in January 2019. It was registered with the mandate of community empowerment to empower children, the youth and women in the community.
Under the leadership of Beldon Okeyo and Peter Opinya, SeedPower Foundation’s vision is to educate, equip, empower and advocate for children with special needs, those that are at risk and their families to maximize their potential as we serve and glorify God in our community and beyond. We empower children, the youth and the women in the community through different programs in this ministry.
This is the 3rd year of our operation and we have successfully reached out to our community in the following ways:
- SeedPower Education Center serves 157 pupils with special needs in Oyugis and 34 at the Nyakach campus.
- The SeedPower Community and School Water Project in Oyugis, Kenya serves 157 pupils and over 350 community members.
- The SeedPower Community and School Water Project in Nyakach, Kenya serves 34 pupils and 290 families in the community.
- The relief food program to the disadvantaged families in Oyugis and Nyakach reaches out to 1,100 families.
- In partnership with Little Light House of Tulsa, Oklahoma, Seedpower held an international conference in Kenya training 233 teachers selected from the 47 counties of Kenya. Altogether, this conference held in January 2022 was attended by 305 teachers, social workers, community leaders, and parents who work with special needs children. Some represented community-based organizations from Kisumu and Homabay Counties.
- Seedpower provided Teacher Professional Development Training in Kigali-Rwanda and Lira-Uganda on working with children with special needs, reaching 142 teachers.
- Seedpower supplied 1,200 teenage girls with sanitary and hygiene items both in schools and the community.
- Seedpower’s School Outreach at the Nyaburi Special School supplied 194 special needs students with much-needed bedding (mattresses and blankets).
- Seedpower engaged in community outreach, campaigned and advocated for the rights of children with special needs.
We have been able to achieve all this through your generous support and prayers. Thank you!!
“The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me’” (Matthew 25:40, 45, NIV).
Our current needs are:
- Building 4 modern classrooms at a cost of $8,000 each, totaling $32,000.
- Playground equipment @ $2,750.
- “Monthly” support is needed to cover these costs, the salaries, as well as other day-to-day expenses such as utilities, curriculum worksheets, etc. These total approximately $3,300 per month.
- A means of transport for the school (school bus).
To accomplish all this, we welcome friends, donors, partners and sponsors to join our team. We seek and will appreciate your support in any form. Every beneficiary in our program will be better equipped, educated and empowered to begin the journey of economically and socially improving their lives and their communities. Making this a reality will be our humble contribution in making this world a better place.
At Seedpower, we undertake to uphold the highest levels of accountability. For this reason, we have partnered with Bridge the Gap International, Inc., missions service organization founded in 1993 that will be handling all US funds given to support SeedPower Education Center. We thank you in advance for your generous support of this ministry.
Please partner with us financially and in prayer. We appreciate your generous support!
WHO IS BRIDGE THE GAP INTERNATIONAL? Beldon Okeyo and Peter Opinya’s SeedPower project is part of our Bridge the Gap International, Inc. family of ministries. Bridge the Gap International is a missions service organization that has been operating since 1993. You may visit our website at gobgi.org to learn more.
MAKING A DONATION: When you click on DONATE NOW below, you will be taken to a donation page for this ministry. A pop-up will appear offering you several options: 1) Create a new account, 2) Log in using an existing id and password, or 3) Log in using your Facebook or Twitter account. This will direct you to a more generic donation page that will let you set up one-time or recurring donations from your credit card or bank account. (Disregard the “You do not have an active membership” comment that may appear at the top of the page.) Once you make your contribution, you will receive an emailed receipt that will acknowledge your gift.
WHY DO I NEED TO LOG IN OR HAVE A USER ID? By logging in, you help us minimize the number of duplicate accounts we have in the system. If you did not log in, each time you would donate to this ministry, a new account would be created in your name. And, logging in saves you time by automatically filling in your name and address information when you give. When logged in you can view your giving history and update your address information.
ON YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK STATEMENT. “Bridge the Gap International, Inc.” will be the name that appears for this transaction.
If you do have questions, please contact us at (918) 477-7007 or email@example.com. Thank you so much for taking time to invest in this work!
Dr. Randy Loescher
President, BGI, Inc.